University project: Assymetrical co-op game made in UE4, in which one player wears an Oculus Rift. Module designed to mimic industry conditions, involved groups of 5 programmers and 5 artists. Made in 12 weeks.
Game Description: The oculus player takes the role of a clone trying to escape a procedurally generated facility, stealthily avoiding guards, traversing traps and solving environmental puzzles by finding switches which open doors. The backseat player(s) act as a team of hackers who manipulate various systems within the facility to try and help the other player escape. They must solve simple puzzles, enter commands into a console and keep an eye out for guards on security cameras.
- Oculus Rift integration
- Assymetrical co-operative multiplayer
- Procedurally generated map layout
- Use of Oculus as mechanic: head motion allows players to look around corners for guards
- Hacking console for backseat player
- Security camera views
- Randomly generated steam, electric and laser traps with different effects on the player
- Hacking minigames
- Hiding in cryotubes
- Cut scenes
- Multiple endings
- Retro futuristic art style
- Beacons can be placed in the world by the Oculus player, and allow the backseat player to hack into any devices in their radii
- Room blueprints